Iran or Turkey?Gouya Roshan
If someone were to ask me whether I would vote for Erdoğan's government or the Iranian government, my answer would be clear and without hesitation: Iran.
Not because I believe Iran is flawless. Based on my experience and what I have learned from living in different countries, no government is perfect. But at the very least, the Iranian government is what it says it is. Whether we agree with it or not, it makes its positions clear and does not try to present itself as something different.
What makes me skeptical of Erdoğan's government is not only its policies, but also its constantly changing image and rhetoric. One moment it presents itself as the defender of a particular cause; the next, it undermines that very image through a different decision. In my view, this constant shifting carries more weight than the disagreements themselves.
It is easier to deal with someone who openly states where they stand than with someone who wears a different mask every day. Truth, however bitter it may be, is more valuable than an attractive appearance.
Many people may disagree with me. But I judge politics by its honesty, not by the number of slogans it promotes. In my opinion, a mask is more dangerous than an honest and straightforward face. People know how to confront the truth, but with a mask, they never truly know who is hiding behind it.

Comments
Post a Comment